Monday 20 October 2008

Duck Egg Blue & Sepia

A few things have been used on this card, so lets start at the beginning with the main coloured card.


The main card was firstly run through my printer so I could print the background text. Over top I used a "Glimmer Screen" and sprayed "Patina and Creme De Cocoa - Glimmer Mists" over the top. The glimmer mist will slightly make the printed text run but this is what adds to the aged effect.

The stamping down the left side is from the "Filigree Fusion" themeplate and stamped in the Versafine sepia. A bit of dusting around the Edges with my Ink dusters. The flourishes on the right are from some Stampin Up stamps I've had for ages.


The tag was first embossed on the left side with a flourish, then using a few odd ink pads Ink dusted in the Sepia and duck egg blue, highlighting some of the embossing. The left hand then stamped using one of my favourite theme plates "Fleurs et Parfum de Paris" . The right hand stamp is again from the "Filigree Fusion" themeplate with some gem stones. A bit of grossgrain ribbon - slightly inked over to finish the tag off.

The flower is one of my bargain flowers - (which I must put a post up about these) - held in place C/o Crocodile large brad. The whole top was then matted on to some Tobacco brown card, then on to some duck egg blue card and finally on to the main card.



If anyone wants the old style Text to print out yourself on to your own card - just give me a shout and I'l email it over x

4 comments:

Veronica said...

This is beautiful - I love the colours, they tone so well.

Vron xx

Janeyc49 said...

A stunning card, I love the colours.

Janet x

sheffsue said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful colour combination.

Sue x

Phree said...

Gorgeous, such great colours worked together perfectly.