Sunday 20 July 2008

New Papers .....

I've been asked about the new papers I'm currently designing, the ones shown on my sisters card below. At the moment they are still in the design stage but I suppose I can give you all a sneaky peek ! They follow on from My Four Seasons theme .....



My reasoning behind the papers is that not everyone is a stamper, not everyone enjoys making the backgrounds for stamping on to ... so I'm trying to design some papers that complement and can work with certain stamp themes - be it nature, floral or abstract - instant backgrounds that can be stamped over without detracting from the actual stamp itself but which the most novice of stampers can take a stamp and create a wonderful stamped card.


My card above used one of my printed backgrounds which I then stamped over with some of the flowers from the Wild Meadow Themeplate to enhance it. On the topper I could have stamped some more flowers or even the lovely fern leaves .. but time was of the essence and I really had to get to the PO. I'll remake the card in another colourway and next time stamp over the topper to show you the results.


FREEBIE: For those that are interested when you click on any image it will open in another window - but Click on either of the Turquoise images and in the new window Right Click the image and save it to your PC. They are both full sized duo printable pages, one is A4 which will give you one A5 side plain and one A5 side patterned, the other is an A5 size which will give you one A6 side plain and one A6 side patterned. So you can have a play yourself with your stamps and see what you come up with. I would suggest to print onto card stock rather than paper. If you want to adjust the image size then simply use your graphics program to resize the sheets .
Note : Not sure if this is working right with blogger - if not then I'll upload a zip file with both sized sheets in which you can download.
As per usual - please remember these are my working designs, you may download them for your own personal use but please do not pass the links out and just pop a comment on.




These lower two were me just having a another experimenting session in Photoshop ... Great fun ! I could play on Photoshop for hours :-)

2 comments:

Phree said...

These are gorgeous designs, I love the card you made. Have saved the Turquoise one, thanks for sharing it.

Carol said...

These are gorgeous TFS

Love all your Xmas cards and congrats on winninhg the Graphicus comp!!

TC

:)