So here's what I made from just 1 A4 printed Duo Paper ... and I still had some left over.
What I used .... Turquoise Duo paper from my FREEBIE post, Wild Meadow Stamps - Graphicus , Words of Wisdom - Graphicus , Ruby Tuesday - Graphicus , Damask Squares - Graphicus. One sheet of A4 card, some silver backing card, one tag and some sissal twine and a large eyelet.
This time I have used the pre-printed image as the backing and over stamped with some thistles in a dark teal and there were also some ferns in white but they don't show up too well. This was then mounted on to a silver matting layer and then mounted on to an A5 card. "Be Happy" was stamped on to the plain Duo-paper and matted.
Remember click on any of the pictures to open a larger version.
The top tag is the plain side from the Duo-Paper but layer stamped with the Butterfly from the Damask Squares - first in a light turquoisy-teal colour, then randomly stamped again in a darker turquoisy-teal colour. Finally the Words stamp layered over this. Each layer can still be seen but non overshadows any other layer.
The tag was then trimmed slightly and layered over another tag which had inked edging and mounted on to a silver matting layer.
I'll explain the flower lower down.
Using the plain side from my Duo-paper - stamp one image, I used Versafine Onyx Black as I wanted to colour wash the central petals.
Now cut out the whole flower as below ...
Next snip down between one of the petals and cut around the inner layer. Do exactly the same for the middle section. This should now leave you with 3 pieces as shown below.
Next cut two segments from the outer ring - but leave lugs that you can use to glue together, cut one segment from the inner layer. What this does is to reduce & tighten the circle size but it also helps it form a floral shape.Now with some wet glue ( pva etc ) stick the little cut lugs together to rejoin the circle on both the inner and outer layers. I used my bone folder to curl the petals and popped some little glitter dots on the center.
Now using the inner lugs and a line of glue around the inner rim glue your outer layer down where you want the flower, then a line of glue around the inner rim of the next layer and finally put the inner center on a sticky pad to raise it up ( I think I used a 3mm ).
Simple flowers but very effective !
The whole card was made with only 5 different stamps ( 2 from the Wild Meadow set, 2 From the Words set and one from the Damask set ) and 3 ink pads - one Turquoise, one Teal one Black.
There are so many options you can use these papers for - I could have used contrasting inks ... ( Note: must find my colourwheel under my desk clutter ) , printing on to vellum for a softer look.
Right my ironing awaits !!!!!!